Buy Phen375
Buy Phen375

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Does a low carb diet lower the amount of good bacteria in your gut?

Question by : Does a low carb diet lower the amount of good bacteria in your gut? If I go on a low carb diet, will it lower the amount of good bacteria in my gut? Also, if I take probiotics, will they be able to be sustained in my gut on a low carb diet or will the probiotics be ineffective in providing benefits if I am on a low carb diet? Thanks.

Best answer:

Answer by Ulrina
Probiotic bacteria rely on complex carbohydrate to function and I'm afraid a low carb diet can seriously affect that. Even with the probiotics, the bacteria can't work effectively without the carbohydrates as fuel so I really would not recomend this as a diet. X

What do you think? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment